Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 Last version before they started r...
DS708 Last version before they started removing features?

2433 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-04-14 19:19:46

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    WingMantis
    2017-03-19 01:12:59
     Hi, I was really interested in picking up one of these MaxiDas DS708 units until I started reading the forum here.

What was the last software version before they started removing features?

Anyone know what version is installed on the ones coming new these days (like from Harbor Freight and amazon)?

If I can find a decent used one or if the new ones come with software slightly before the downgrades started I might go ahead and get one.

Thanks

•   Level 5   
    (243) points
    FX4

2017-04-06 02:59:37 (Reply to:WingMantis)

I bought one from Harbor Freight about 10 months ago and to my surprise it was fully updated when I got it. The feature stripping seems to have more to do with the OS version than the actual vehicle version level. With version 6.0 or less there were some stand alone features that are not in the 6.33 version. I mainly use mine on Ford vehicles and to me Ford version 9.12 is the best. 9.13 and 9.14 both have number formatting issues. For example, NUM_KEYS (Keys programed into the PATS module reads appropriately as a single digit such as 2 or 4 or what ever is programmed. In version 9.13 and up(was hope 9.14 would fix this) but that same PID will read like this NUM_KEYS 04.00. It will have two digits past the decimal place when in fact it's not possible to have a partial key programmed. So basically I don't trust the data to be correct. I've programmed GM throttle bodies and crank learn procedures with the latest version of GM and it does great. I highly recommend the tool, I have 2 of them.

•   Level 2   
    (11) points
    WingMantis
    2017-04-14 19:19:46 (Reply to:FX4)
    Thanks

Is the OS version onboard the unit, while vehicle versions are on the SD card?

Or can you update just the vehicle files and keep the older OS version with more features?
  Total1 Pages